WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2016
Winter is upon us. And with that comes slippery roads and blowing snow. The following tips can help you and your family stay safe when traveling this holiday season.
1. Keep at least a 1/2 tank of gas in your vehicle at all times.
2. Pack an emergency bag to keep in your car. Contents should include blankets, hats, gloves, food, water, any needed medication and a bright colored cloth to tie to the antenna to signal distress.
3. Make sure your tires are properly inflated.
4. If you do become stranded, stay with your vehicle. Don't try to walk in a snow storm. You can lose direction in the blowing snow and get lost.
5. Know your brakes. If you have ABS (anti lock brakes) and need to stop suddenly, press hard on the pedal. It's normal for the pedal to vibrate when the ABS is activated.
6. If you don't NEED to go out-don't. Even if you drive well in the snow, not everyone else can.
If you do get in an accident please call the police right away and then notify the agency.
Posted 12:47 PM