TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2016
Did you know that roughly 50% of home fire deaths result from fires reported between 11pm and 7am? Below are some tips on staying safe and preventing damage to your home.
1. Smoke alarms save lives. Install smoke alarms in every bedroom, outside each bedroom and on every level of your home.
2. Teach your children how to escape on their own in case you can't help them. Practice your fire escape plan during the day and at nighttime. Your plan should take under 2 minutes.
3. Change your batteries when you change your clocks for Daylight Savings Time.
4. Extinguish candles before going to bed and never leave a candle lit when you leave your home.
5. Consider buying escape ladders if your bedrooms are on the 2nd level of your home. You can purchase them for about $35 a piece.
Call us with any questions or to make sure your home coverage is adequate in the case of a total loss!
Posted 3:45 PM