MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2016
Thanksgiving is behind us and 'tis the season for Christmas cheer! Most of us look forward to decorating the house and sitting by the fire sipping a steaming hot chocolate with the snow falling outside. Below are some tips for keeping your family and home safe this holiday season.
1. Place your tree away from any heat source or fire places. Dry trees are a fire hazard.
2. Artificial snow sprays can irritate your lungs if inhaled. Read container labels and use as directed.
3. Only use lights that are safety tested and check each strand for any cracked lights or frayed wires.
4. Never use candles near an evergreen tree and keep them up away from children's reach.
5. Do not burn wrapping papers in the fireplace after opening presents. A flash fire could ignite from the wrappings and burn intensely.
Plan for safety and use common sense. A beautifully decorated home is a joy, but your family's safety is first priority. Give us a call with any questions you may have regarding your home or personal belongings.
Posted 4:06 PM