TUESDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2016
It's that time of year again. Everyone is thinking about what their New Year's Resolutions are going to be-hitting the gym, dieting, spend more time with family, stop smoking, save money. The list can go on and on.
What about insurance resolutions? Below are 5 tips on how to make a shift in your thinking about insurance and resolve to making 2017 your most secure year yet.
1. Do an insurance review with your agent. During the year, circumstances may change in your home, your cars, etc. Did you add a pool or finish your basement? Did your son or daughter get a drivers license? Make an appointment with us to go over your insurance to make sure you are properly insured going into the new year.
2. Maximize your discounts. There are many discounts available for both your home and auto insurance. Did you install a new security system in your home? Do you drive less miles to work? Call to see if any new discounts may apply to your policies.
3. Update your home inventory. Christmas has come and gone. I'm sure some of you received a gift or two of value. Call us to have your new personal items added to your policy so they are covered correctly. Also do a total home inventory. Take pictures of items, save receipts, etc. This will come in handy if you have a total loss.
4. Change the way you manage your policies. All insurance companies now have paperless policy and bill options. Have your documents emailed to you and pay on line. This can help you reduce clutter and save time!
5. Don't neglect your other insurance needs. Do you live in a flood plain? Flood events are never covered on a homeowner policy. You would need to carry a flood insurance policy to have any damage covered by a flood. Do you own an ATV or personal watercraft? Do you run a home business? Those are also items that would need special coverages added to your policy.
We at Gates Insurance Agency, Inc wish you and your family a Happy and Healthy 2017!!!
Posted 1:06 PM